The Institute of Criminology at the Faculty of Law was established in 1954. It was the first criminological institute in former Yugoslavia and one of the oldest criminological institutes in Europe.
Professional staff of Institute of Criminology is led by the director. It consists of senior researchers, part-time researches, external collaborates, junior researchers. Researchers hold a Ph.D with various internal titles such as senior scientific counselor, senior scientific fellows and scientific fellows. Junior researchers hold bachelor’s degree or master’s degree are part of the institute wihile pursuing a Ph.D. The rest of the staff consists of library and administration staff.
- Matjaž Ambrož, PhD Law, Researcher, Professor
- Katja Filipčič, PhD Law, Researcher, Associate Professor
- Primož Križnar, M.A. Law, Researcher
- Miha Hafner, PhD Law, Researcher, Assistant Professor
- Katja Šugman Stubbs, PhD, Researcher, Full Professor
- Lilijana Selinšek, PhD, Researcher, Assistant Professor
- Eva Bertok, PhD, Researcher
- Nesa Vrečer, M.A. in Philosophy, Researcher
- Luka Mišič, PhD Law, Researcher, Assistant Professor
- Karmen Lutman, PhD Law, Researcher, Assistant Professor
- Lara Dular, M.A. Law, Researcher
- Jakub Drapal, (2020), Czech Academy of Sciences and Charles University in Prague.
- Maja Brkan, Ph.D. (2020), University of Ljubljana, Associate Professor of EU law, Faculty of law of Maastricht University
- Noah Charney, Ph.D. University of Ljubljana, Founding Director of ARCA – Association for Research into Crimes against Art, St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Cary H. Federman, Ph.D. (2005-2006), Montclair State University, New Jersey, ZDA, štipendist fundacije Fulbright
- Insa Haertel, Ph.D. (2006), Universitaet Bremen, Wissenschaftliche Assistentin
- Edgar Tijhuis, Ph.D. (2006), University of Leiden, Netherlands. ARCA – Association for Research into Crimes against Art, Amelia, Italy. Katschberg Consulting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.