The Institute of Criminology at the Faculty of Law was established in 1954. It was the first criminological institute in former Yugoslavia and one of the oldest criminological institutes in Europe.
Professional staff of Institute of Criminology is led by the director. It consists of senior researchers, part-time researches, external collaborates, junior researchers. Researchers hold a Ph.D with various internal titles such as senior scientific counselor, senior scientific fellows and scientific fellows. Junior researchers hold bachelor’s degree or master’s degree are part of the institute wihile pursuing a Ph.D. The rest of the staff consists of library and administration staff.
- Matjaž Ambrož, PhD Law, Researcher, Professor
- Katja Filipčič, PhD Law, Researcher, Associate Professor
- Primož Gorkič, PhD Law, Researcher, Associate Professor
- Matej Kovačič, PhD, Researcher
- Primož Križnar,M.A. Law, Researcher
- Sašo Dolenc, PhD, Researcher
- Katja Šugman Stubbs, PhD, Researcher, Full Professor
- Noah Charney, Ph.D. University of Ljubljana, Founding Director of ARCA – Association for Research into Crimes against Art, St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Cary H. Federman, Ph.D. (2005-2006), Montclair State University, New Jersey, ZDA, štipendist fundacije Fulbright
- Insa Haertel, Ph.D. (2006), Universitaet Bremen, Wissenschaftliche Assistentin
- Edgar Tijhuis, Ph.D. (2006), University of Leiden, Netherlands. ARCA – Association for Research into Crimes against Art, Amelia, Italy. Katschberg Consulting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We are cooperating with the Faculty of Law of the University of Sarajevo within the framework of the bilateral cooperation project financed by the Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS).